Children's House Kindergarten Program
For over 40 years, the Children’s House Child Care Society has incorporated a registered, private Alberta Education Kindergarten into our center. The Alberta ED Kindergarten Program runs from September - June. To enroll in our Kindergarten Program, children must turn 5 by the end of December of the current school year. Program hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:30-11:45 which ensures 475 hours of curriculum are met and consistent with the Kindergarten Program Statement. Additional assistance to meet goals in kindergarten can be implemented during before and after school care onsite (if registered).
Following the Kindergarten Program Statement in connection with FLIGHT (Alberta’s Curriculum Framework), our Kindergarten Program offers a play-based education that allows children to engage in learning experiences that support them in their current developmental stage. Ms. Petersen remains onsite throughout the day for before and after school care, ensuring that the children’s dispositions to learn are supported throughout the day.
Our Kindergarten Program offers:
· Before and after school care onsite; eliminating transportation between school and care
· Smaller child to adult ratio; allowing for small/large group activity as well as one on one interaction
· Parent/teacher interviews are offered in November and March as well as Celebrations of Learning throughout the year
· Monthly field trips and outings (Edith Cavell, Galt Museum, Fire Hall, etc.)
· 10-week Music for Young Children program.
· Monthly in-class visitors (E.g. Pet Land, Optometrist, etc.).
· Special classroom events
· Cooking activities
· Show and tell every Friday
· Special parental involvement days
· Mother’s Day Tea
· Father’s Day Coffee Break
· Stone Soup Thanksgiving Feast